Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
Meritage Homes is committed to building 100 percent ENERGY STAR® Certifed Homes and consistently promotes energy efficiency improvements to homebuyers and stakeholders. Meritage Homes is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for outstanding ENERGY STAR promotion and for collaborating with real estate professionals, utilities, and other industry players to focus on consumer education. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Constructing more than 7,800 ENERGY STAR certified homes, for a total of more than 55,200 since joining the program and saving 71 million kilowatt hours of energy.
- Re-launching the company’s website featuring ENERGY STAR promotional material, as well as using social media and traditional marketing about the benefits of an ENERGY STAR certified home, and leveraging extensive consumer testimonials in new online content.
- Developing 180 Learning Centers across the United States, that “peel” back the walls of model homes so that consumers, municipalities, students, trades, and vendors can look inside the inner workings of the home, experience hands-on interactive displays, and view educational videos.
- Launching a research and development program, resulting in a ‘Home of the Future’ that is intended to educate and promote energy efficiency.
- Hosting mandatory vendor, trade, and construction management training days at every division to provide continuous education on new program developments.
- Establishing a partnership to monitor customer satisfaction and promote customer service as a critical component in its ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program.