Merck & Co., Inc.
Kenilworth, New Jersey
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Merck & Co., Inc. is a global, research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare company that produces medicines, vaccines, and animal health products, receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. The company continues to strengthen its energy management practices worldwide and has reduced source energy by nearly 14 percent since 2015. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Investing almost $10 million in energy projects from the Merck Energy Efficiency Capital Fund.
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification at four office buildings and one manufacturing site that has been certified for 10 consecutive years.
- Adopting a Total Cost of Ownership approach for evaluating capital projects to ensure energy costs are more accurately considered in financial decision making.
- Benchmarking and sharing best practices with other ENERGY STAR partners while promoting the ENERGY STAR partnership to new companies.
- Increasing its procurement of electricity from renewable sources through a 60 megawatt virtual power purchase agreement.
- Actively participating in the ENERGY STAR Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Focus and industrial partnership.