Merck & Co., Inc.
Kenilworth, New Jersey
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Merck & Co., Inc. (Merck) is a global, research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare company with a vision to be “the most energy-efficient company in the pharmaceutical industry and a leader among FORTUNE 500 companies.” Merck is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued leadership in energy management and strategic focus on helping others achieve world class performance in energy management. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Achieving more than a six-percent reduction in energy intensity for U.S. facilities and an eight-percent reduction globally over 2015. Since 2012, Merck has reduced energy intensity by 14.5 percent in the United States and 18.2 percent globally.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for one manufacturing plant and four office buildings.
- Investing more than $13 million in energy projects through the Merck Energy Efficiency Capital Fund in 2016 alone.
- Publishing its first Corporate Energy Management Standard (SN42) in eight languages to further integrate energy efficiency into company operations and planning.
- Sharing best practices and mentoring ENERGY STAR partners.
- Actively participating in the ENERGY STAR Focus on Energy Efficiency in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing.
- Engaging thousands of employees in energy efficiency through Lighting Fairs, Earth Day, and Bring Your Child to Work Day events.