Memorial Hermann Health System
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Memorial Hermann Health System is a non-profit healthcare system receiving Parter of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. Memorial Hermann has achievement in earning ENERGY STAR certification for its hospitals and for continued promotion of ENERGY STAR initiatives at the state and national levels. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Saving an average of 0.7 percent energy across all 38 healthcare properties compared to 2017 and maintaining an average ENERGY STAR rating of 74.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for a new hospital that was designed to earn the ENERGY STAR, with more than 90 percent of its hospitals ENERGY STAR-certified at least once.
- Retrofitting fluorescent light fixtures with LEDs and saving over 14 million kilowatt hours in electricity.
- Becoming the first healthcare system in the state to utilize new ventilation rate standards that reduce energy use while still meeting air change rates set by the department of health.
- Growing the Texas Energy Roundup to over 100 active competitors and helping hospitals reduce energy use by an average of 1.5 percent annually.