Memorial Hermann Health System
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Memorial Hermann Health System (Memorial Hermann) is the largest non-profit health care system in the Gulf Coast region. The company operates more than 12 million square feet of facility space in 11 major campus locations. Memorial Hermann is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year Sustained Excellence recognition for leading certification of top-performing hospitals and for promoting use of Portfolio Manager®. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 9 of their hospitals, an 82 percent certification rate and the highest percentage of certified hospitals in the country.
- Helping create and grow the “Texas Energy Roundup”, a contest of 100 hospitals and medical offices that has saved over 754 billion British thermal units, worth an estimated $4.8 million since 2013.
- Saving an estimated $11 million in energy costs in 2017 and $94 million since 2009.
- Requiring all new hospitals be Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR within twelve months of operation. Their newest hospital is on track to become ENERGY STAR certified with a score above 90.
- Mobilizing hospitals across the country to respond to a national energy survey that will help establish an updated ENERGY STAR score for hospitals and medical offices.