Memorial Hermann Health System
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Memorial Hermann Healthcare System (Memorial Hermann) is the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Southeast Texas. With 12 major campus locations, its portfolio of 11 million square feet includes numerous medical offices and outpatient healthcare facilities. Memorial Hermann is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its commitment to being stewards of community resources and environmental responsibility. In 2015, Memorial Hermann outpaced other healthcare systems in certifying top-performing hospitals. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Achieving a 23-percent reduction in energy across the portfolio, worth $80 million in energy cost savings since 2008.
- Earning the ENERGY STAR for six hospitals.
- Maintaining an average ENERGY STAR score of 68 across its portfolio, representing a 27-point improvement since 2008.
- Recruiting 120 healthcare facilities to join the third state-wide Texas Energy Roundup competition which uses the ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® benchmarking tool.
- Requiring new facilities to perform to ENERGY STAR standards 13 months after occupancy.
- Inviting Ohio hospitals to compete against Texas hospitals in the first state-vs-state energy competition.