West Caldwell, New Jersey
Partner of the Year
Product Brand Owner
MaxLite has been committed to providing energy efficient lighting products for more than 20 years, understanding the important role energy efficient products play in environmental protection and preservation. MaxLite’s world-class research and development team is focused on developing state-of-the-art compact fluorescent light (CFL) and light-emitting diode (LED) products for a wide-range of applications, including replacement lamps, downlights, ceiling fixtures, and table lamps. MaxLite is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year recognition for its strong commitment to supporting the ENERGY STAR fixture program with innovative solutions and educating its customers about the important details and benefits of ENERGY STAR. Key accomplishments in 2014 include:
- Increasing its offering of ENERGY STAR certified LED models by 87 percent.
- Introducing a variety of subcomponents through the ENERGY STAR Certified Subcomponent Database (CSD), including the first GU-24 base LED lamp rated for use in enclosed fixtures, substantially reducing the cost and time needed for certifying ENERGY STAR light fixtures.
- Strengthening partnerships with utility companies and Habitat for Humanity to bring the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified lighting products to low-income households.
- Being a leader in educating customers and employees on the importance of the ENERGY STAR program and fostering a deeper understanding of the ENERGY STAR lighting program among key members of the supply chain.
- Communicating the value of the ENERGY STAR program and CSD to lighting fixture manufacturers and distributors.
- Raising awareness and increasing use of ENERGY STAR lighting by partnering with utilities to educate consumers and give away nearly 200,000 ENERGY STAR certified light bulbs via community events and social media.