Mansfield Independent School District
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Mansfield Independent School District (MISD) is a school district in northern Texas. MISD has demonstrated a sustained commitment to improving energy efficiency and uses ENERGY STAR® tools to encourage its students and community to save energy at school and at home. Key 2022 accomplishments include:
- Achieving recognition as an ENERGY STAR Certification Nation Premier Member by earning the ENERGY STAR for 23 buildings in 2022.
- Increasing the district average ENERGY STAR score to 92 and reducing energy use by 10% in 2022.
- Saving more than $18 million since 2011, and over $1.5 million in 2022 alone.
- Promoting its ENERGY STAR partnership and achieving millions of potential impressions through marquee displays, social media outreach, email blasts to internal stakeholders, vehicle signage, and an online presence.
- Performing building usage audits throughout the day and on weekends and dedicating over 14,000 hours to preventative maintenance.
- Participating in a statewide demand response initiative to improve the resilience of the Texas grid and shed load during periods of high grid strain.