Mansfield Independent School District
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Mansfield Independent School District (MISD) is a school district in northern Texas. MISD has demonstrated a sustained commitment to improving energy efficiency and uses ENERGY STAR® tools to encourage its students and community to save energy at school and at home. Key 2021 accomplishments include:
- Reducing energy usage by 18% and saving $16.4 million since 2011, and over $1.7 million in 2021 alone.
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 35 buildings and maintaining an average ENERGY STAR score of 90.
- Promoting its ENERGY STAR partnership and achieving millions of potential impressions through marquee displays, social media outreach, email blasts to internal stakeholders, vehicle signage, and an online presence.
- Opening three new school campuses with geothermal heat pumps, insulated concrete forms, white reflective roofs, and LED lighting throughout.
- Creating community involvement through a poster competition that included the ENERGY STAR logo. The winning posters were hung in prominent places around the district, and the competition encouraged Twitter engagement.
- Benchmarking water use in more than 50 schools and reducing water usage annually by 25.1% and cumulatively by 33.8% over a 2011 baseline.