Mansfield Independent School District
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Mansfield Independent School District (MISD) is a school district in northern Texas. MISD has demonstrated a sustained commitment to improving energy efficiency and uses ENERGY STAR tools to encourage its students and community to join them in saving energy at school and at home. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Reducing carbon dioxide emissions by more than 9,400 metric tons and cumulatively saving nearly 54,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions since 2012.
- Raising the average ENERGY STAR score to 91.4, a 10 percent increase over 2019.
- Reducing energy usage costs by more than $2.3 million in 2020.
- Promoting its ENERGY STAR partnership and achieving millions of potential impressions through marquee displays, social media outreach, email blasts to internal stakeholders, vehicle signage, and an online presence.
- Performing building energy usage audits, conducting over 15,000 hours of preventative maintenance, and utilizing automated software to shut down computers each evening.