Mansfield Independent School District
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Mansfield Independent School District (MISD) is a school district in northern Texas. MISD has sustained commitment to improving energy efficiency and uses ENERGY STAR tools to encourage its students and community to join them in saving energy at school and at home. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Reducing CO2 emissions by 2,459 metric tons for a cumulative reduction of more than 40,600 metric tons over the past seven years.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for 41 buildings in 2019.
- Conducting more than 1,700 individual audits resulting in improved energy efficiency and stakeholder buy-in for efficiency.
- Promoting its ENERGY STAR partnership, achieving more than seven million potential impressions through marquee displays, social media outreach, email blasts to internal stakeholders, vehicle signage and an online presence.
- Performing over 16,000 hours of preventative maintenance, amounting to over 24 percent of total maintenance service hours.