Mansfield Independent School District
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Mansfield Independent School District (MISD) educates more than 33,000 students across 43 campuses and is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. MISD has achieved sustained commitment to improving energy efficiency and uses ENERGY STAR tools to encourage its students and community to join them in saving energy at school and at home. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Reducing energy usage costs by more than 19 percent to date and reducing carbon dioxide emissions more than by 5,000 metric tons in 2018.
- Earning an average portfolio-wide ENERGY STAR score of 85, a four percent increase from 2017, while certifying 100 percent of qualified schools in 2018.
- Conducting more than 2,400 individual audits resulting in improved energy efficiency and stakeholder buy-in for efficiency.
- Promoting its ENERGY STAR partnership, achieving more than seven million impressions, through marquee displays, social media outreach, email blasts to internal stakeholders, vehicle signage, and online presence.
- Educating 800 students through assembly presentations about the importance of saving energy at school and home through the ENERGY STAR resources for kids.
- Earning the Texas Environmental Excellence Award from the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality – the first time a school district earned this award in the category of Innovative Management and Operations.