Mansfield Independent School District
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Mansfield Independent School District (MISD) educates more than 33,000 students across 42 schools and facilities. An ENERGY STAR® partner since 2006, the district uses ENERGY STAR tools and resources to encourage its students and community to join them in saving energy at school and at home. MISD is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for its commitment to improving energy efficiency. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Reducing utility costs by nearly $1.5 million, decreasing energy usage by more than 21 percent, and cutting carbon dioxide emissions more than by 5,200 metric tons in 2017, and saving more than $8.7 million since 2012.
- Educating nearly 1,000 students through assembly presentations about the importance of energy conservation at school and home using ENERGY STAR tools and resources.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for more than 40 buildings in 2017 and maintaining a portfolio-wide ENERGY STAR score average of 94 while student enrollment continued to grow.
- Conducting regular building audits and preventative maintenance, resulting in improved energy efficiency and stakeholder buy-in for efficiency.
- Earning the Texas Environmental Excellence Award from the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality – the first time a school district earned this award in the category of Innovative Management and Operations.