Mansfield Independent School District
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Mansfield Independent School District (MISD) serves nearly 33,000 students across more than 6 million square feet of building area. An ENERGY STAR® partner since 2006, the district is committed to energy conservation, and encourages its students and community to join them in saving energy at school and at home. MISD is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its commitment to improving energy efficiency as the district undergoes rapid growth. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Earning more ENERGY STAR re-certifications than any district in the state of Texas—40 schools between 2006 and early 2015 have earned 225 ENERGY STAR re-certifications.
- Reducing utility costs by nearly $1.3 million using ENERGY STAR tools and resources, improving energy efficiency by more than 17 percent across district schools, and cutting more than 4,500 metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions in 2015.
- Saving more than $4.7 million since 2012 by working with Cenergistic and benchmarking district buildings in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®.
- Conducting more than 2,400 individual building audits in 51 schools leading to energy efficiency improvements, which resulted in greater stakeholder buy-in.
- Inspiring 800 students to take the ENERGY STAR Pledge to save energy.
- Communicating the value of ENERGY STAR to internal and external audiences through presentations and encouraging a culture in which energy-efficient behaviors are practiced at home, as well as at school.