Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
Mandalay Homes, a regional home builder, has continued to demonstrate leadership in energy efficiency and promoting the ENERGY STAR program to the building industry. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Constructing more than 200 ENERGY STAR certified homes in 2019, for a total of more than 800 since joining the program in 2013.
- Educating homeowners about the features and benefits of ENERGY STAR certified homes through its sales staff, homeowner videos, home certification reports, buyer walk-throughs during construction, and by continuing education emails after move-in.
- Presenting at industry conferences about how certifying homes as ENERGY STAR is a selling tool that creates consumer confidence and boosts the builder's brand.
- Working with their local utility to install demand response devices, such as smart connected thermostats and hybrid heat pump water heaters, in all new homes.
- Comprehensively training all contractors on what is required for the home to earn the ENERGY STAR and creating specific performance criteria for each community to improve quality control and consistency.