Partner of the Year
New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
Arizona home builder Mandalay Homes committed to building 100 percent ENERGY STAR® certified homes in 2013, and has demonstrated its dedication to building science innovation and education. Mandalay Homes is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for its strong marketing efforts and collaborative projects, emphasizing sustainability and education. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Building more than 70 ENERGY STAR certified homes, totaling more than 200 since joining the program.
- Offering homebuyers an educational “Bones of Your Home” tour during construction, and following up with a monthly newsletter to provide maintenance tips and information on the features and benefits of ENERGY STAR certified homes.
- Committing to building all homes as EPA IndoorAirPlus qualified homes, and also participating in EPA’s WaterSense program. The company provides additional comprehensive health protections to homeowners, while emphasizing quality control and field reviews.
- Ensuring quality data collection efforts between heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) contractors and Home Energy Raters.
- Collaborating with local code officials and building departments to share best practices and success stories.