Main Street Homes
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
Main Street Homes, a local home builder, built nearly 300 ENERGY STAR® certified homes in 2021 for a cumulative total of more than 1,800 since 2001. Key 2021 accomplishments include:
- Promoting its ENERGY STAR certified homes in all print and electronic marketing channels, including an entire webpage dedicated to the features and benefits of certified homes.
- Providing training for sales staff across all divisions about the features and benefits of ENERGY STAR certified homes.
- Hosting four mandatory vendor, trade, and construction management training days at every division to provide continuous education on ENERGY STAR program requirements.
- Holding weekly pre-construction team meetings for each home to discuss ENERGY STAR requirements prior to field work and hosting virtual monthly trade council meetings during the pandemic to review, discuss, and plan for future ENERGY STAR program requirements.
- Overcoming housing material shortages, material price increases, and trade partner labor shortages to continue building all homes as ENERGY STAR certified.