Main Street Homes
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
Main Street Homes, a regional homebuilder, constructed more than 300 ENERGY STAR certified homes in 2020, for a total of nearly 1,500 since 2001. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Educating consumers about the ENERGY STAR program through digital banners, social media channels, and websites, resulting in over one million impressions and 2,500 digital clicks.
- Reducing customer warranty requests by building homes to higher standards, including ENERGY STAR program requirements.
- Introducing in-house training for sales agents, enabling them to better understand and sell the features and benefits of ENERGY STAR certified homes.
- Hosting construction manager-led new home orientations for each homebuyer before closing to explain their new home’s systems and ENERGY STAR features and benefits.
- Holding weekly pre-construction team meetings for each home to discuss ENERGY STAR requirements prior to field work, and hosting monthly trade council meetings to review, discuss, and plan for future ENERGY STAR program requirements, utilizing virtual meetings during the pandemic.
- Educating local area real estate professionals and trade partners about the value of ENERGY STAR certification through blog entries and educational videos.