Loudoun County Public Schools
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) is a school district in Virginia. LCPS has a long-standing commitment to reducing costs while promoting energy efficiency through ENERGY STAR and demonstrating that it's a good steward of public resources. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Saving more than $6 million dollars in energy costs and preventing the emissions of more than 27,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide in 2019.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for 18 buildings in 2019.
- Saving over $89 million in energy costs and eliminating 448,971 metric tons of CO2 emissions since 1993.
- Negotiating ESCO contracts to evaluate schools for Energy Performance Measures that will improve ENERGY STAR scores across the LCPS portfolio.
- Preparing a school board action item regarding a new policy that includes standards set forth by EPA's Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR Program and the ENERGY STAR Certification Program.