Loudoun County Public Schools
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) is the third-largest school district in Virginia, educating more than 80,000 students across 90 schools. LCPS is receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition for its long-standing commitment to reducing costs while promoting energy efficiency through ENERGY STAR, demonstrating efficient stewardship of public resources. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Saving more than five million dollars in energy costs and preventing the emissions of more than 25,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide in 2018.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for 70 buildings in 2018, the most its certified in a single year.
- Benchmarking 100 percent of facilities in EPA’s ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® tool, totaling more than 10 million square feet.
- Continuing to focus the attention of the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments on ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager as the benchmarking tool for use in initiatives.
- Certifying 100 percent of all new construction projects as Designed to Earn ENERGY STAR and speaking on a panel to promote the use of ENERGY STAR during the design and construction phase.