Loudoun County Public Schools
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) is the third-largest school district in Virginia, educating more than 80,000 students across 90 schools. LCPS has been an ENERGY STAR® Partner for 20 years and is committed to reducing costs while promoting energy efficiency. LCPS is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for its long-standing commitment to ENERGY STAR and demonstrating good stewardship of public resources. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Benchmarking 100 percent of facilities in EPA’s ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® and submitting all eligible buildings for certification annually.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for 66 buildings in 2017, representing more than 70 percent of all eligible buildings, and saving more than $81 million and preventing the emissions of more than 400,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide since 1993.
- Certifying 100 percent of all new construction projects as Designed to Earn ENERGY STAR since 2010 and completing 15th Designed to Earn ENERGY STAR project.
- Integrating historical Designed to Earn ENERGY STAR data from the Target Finder tool into ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager and presenting the value of Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR at a national conference, two regional conferences, and an online training.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for five elementary schools for ten consecutive years.
- Ensuring ENERGY STAR tools and resources were included in energy efficiency initiatives adopted by the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments.