Lockheed Martin Corporation
Partner of the Year - Energy Management
Lockheed Martin Corporation is a global security and aerospace company involved in the research, design, manufacturing, and integration of advanced technology systems, products, and services, receiving Partner of the Year recognition. In 2018, the company’s gated capital program approved more than $18 million for 40 projects, an investment with the potential to save millions of dollars annually in avoided energy costs. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Maintaining an energy intensity reduction of 15 percent from a 2010 baseline, enough to offset the company’s employee commuting and business travel emissions for approximately one year.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for seven office and data center buildings.
- Engaging 400 K-12 students and their families during Lockheed Martin Family Science Night with hands-on experiments and co-branded Go Green and ENERGY STAR signage that taught concepts of energy efficiency and energy management while promoting STEM careers.
- Expanding existing advanced metering infrastructure to include 54 sites and over 1,000 meters to provide real-time data and help inform more detailed engineering studies, curtailment strategies, and energy saving opportunities.
- Completing numerous projects, including installation of a high efficiency chiller, solar thermal tank, and a 2 megawatt carport solar energy system.
- Reaching more than 11,000 people inside and outside of the company about ENERGY STAR.