The Lighting and Products Sponsors of Mass Save
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Mass Save®, an initiative sponsored by Cape Light Compact, Eversource, National Grid, and Unitil and in partnership with the Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources, has helped residents and businesses save money through the adoption of ENERGY STAR® certified lighting and products for more than 20 years. Mass Save is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for collaborative efforts to educate consumers about energy efficiency and for successfully increasing the adoption of ENERGY STAR certified products. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Incentivizing the sale of more than 9.6 million ENERGY STAR certified lighting products, through negotiated cooperative promotions, instant price discounts, and direct online sales, representing, approximately, a 30 percent increase compared to 2016.
- Executing a media campaign through New England Cable News featuring five custom developed videos as well as digital articles and banners focused on the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified LED lighting. This campaign delivered more than 2.5 million digital impressions across the state.
- Developing new educational content to communicate the superior performance and cost-saving potential of certified products, including more than 40 short videos, 20 blog articles, and e-newsletters distributed to more than 50,000 contacts.
- Engaging with customers at events, hosted in coordination with local communities and retailers, where representatives discussed the benefits of certified products, including 34 dehumidifier recycling events and as many as 90 pop-up retail events for ENERGY STAR certified LED light bulbs.
- Continuing to build ENERGY STAR awareness and recognition with customers through social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.