The Lighting and Product Sponsors of Mass Save
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Mass Save®, sponsored by Cape Light Compact, Eversource, National Grid, and Unitil, helps consumers discover savings through the adoption of ENERGY STAR certified products and is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. The Sponsors of Mass Save successfully executed an omni-channel retail and recycling initiative that resulted in 295,000,000 kilowatt hours in annual energy savings. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Supporting the sale of more than 8,500,000 ENERGY STAR certified lighting products through Negotiated Cooperative Promotions, instant price discounts, and direct online sales.
- Driving sales of more than 60,000 ENERGY STAR certified appliances and electronics. In the process, Mass Save removed more than 20,000 old, inefficient refrigerators, freezers, and dehumidifiers from the grid, and had them recycled in compliance with the EPA’s Responsible Appliance Disposal program.
- Engaging with customers at 182 events, including 37 dehumidifier recycling events, 87 pop-up retail events, and 58 community education events, where representatives communicated the value of ENERGY STAR.
- Generating excitement, interest, and demand for ENERGY STAR certified products through 12 limited-time, online sales promotions and two sweepstakes offering ENERGY STAR certified prizes.
- Maintaining a strong, digital presence that drove viewers to the Mass Save website and other online Mass Save assets providing information on and facilitating sales of ENERGY STAR certified lighting and appliances. Mass Save also sent over 820,000 emails and achieved more than 540,000 engagements through paid social content.