Liberty Property Trust
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Liberty Property Trust, an $8 billion dollar real estate investment trust, owns more than 106 million square feet of office and industrial space throughout the United States and United Kingdom. Liberty Property Trust is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its comprehensive energy management approach that uses ENERGY STAR tools and resources to set goals, measure success, engage employees and tenants, and communicate the benefits of its approach to the broader market. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Benchmarking 100 percent of its managed portfolio and increasing participation among its increasingly industrial tenants in the Liberty Energy Efficiency Partnership (LEEP) program, helping tenants to benchmark self-managed assets and participate in ENERGY STAR efforts.
- Partnering with fellow ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year, Goby LLC, to enhance the energy management and benchmarking tools available to its property managers and tenant partners.
- Increasing its average ENERGY STAR score from 58 to 78, reducing energy consumption by 21 percent, and earning the ENERGY STAR for 145 buildings since 2008.
- Prioritizing energy performance within the company by generating monthly ENERGY STAR progress reports for property managers and executive management and recognizing energy performance achievements on quarterly employee calls.
- Actively enabling energy efficiency in tenant spaces through building upgrades, lease policies, and educational tools, which has led to ENERGY STAR certification for 39 tenant managed properties.
- Communicating about ENERGY STAR efforts and benefits through social media, conference presentations, public facing websites, and internal employee portals.