Liberty Property Trust
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Liberty Property Trust, an eight billion dollar real estate investment trust, owns more than 105 million square feet of office and industrial space throughout the United States and United Kingdom. Liberty Property Trust is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its comprehensive energy management approach that uses ENERGY STAR tools and resources to set goals and measure success. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Benchmarking 100 percent of its managed portfolio and increasing participation in the Liberty Energy Efficiency Partnership (LEEP) program by working together with tenants to benchmark self-managed assets.
- Partnering with fellow ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year, Goby LLC, to enhance the energy management and benchmarking tools available to its property managers and tenant partners.
- Increasing its average 1-100 ENERGY STAR score from 55 to 76 since 2008.
- Completing smart grid research and developing a project that implemented advanced lighting and HVAC controls, advanced metering, and a three-tiered demand response system in multi-tenant office buildings.
- Generating monthly ENERGY STAR progress reports and distributing them to Property Managers and Executive Management to keep energy performance on the forefront.