Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Product Brand Owner
LG Electronics USA is a global manufacturer of consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. The company is a leader in corporate sustainability, exemplified by their active engagement in ENERGY STAR promotions and high visibility ads that reached millions of consumers with energy efficiency messages and their innovation in efficient product design. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Featuring ENERGY STAR on a Times Square billboard that generated over 13 million impressions and on the CNN Airport Network with 1,865 screens in 57 airports across the country.
- Exposing over 8,000 consumers at the world renowned 2018 Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival to 50 ENERGY STAR certified washers and dryers featured in the "LG Laundroo Laundry Lounge" during the four-day camping festival.
- Earning the 2018 ENERGY STAR Emerging Technology Award for breakthrough variable-speed compressor technology in room air conditioners with up to 40% improvement in efficiency.
- Increasing the number of ENERGY STAR certified models offered in 2018 by 31 percent for room air conditioners, 14 percent for refrigerators and computers, 9 percent for displays, and 8 percent for clothes dryers and dishwashers.
- Participating in numerous ENERGY STAR promotional efforts including Flip Your Fridge, ENERGY STAR Day, Black Friday, and holiday promotions.
- Educating employees on their commitment to environmental sustainability through sustainability reports, new employee orientations, as part of its annual global volunteer day, and through the company’s Corporate Social Responsibility “Live Green” newsletter distributed to over 2,000 U.S. employees.