Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Product Brand Owner
LG Electronics is a global leader in consumer electronics, home appliances, and mobile communications. LG is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its commitment to improving the environment through energy efficiency, as evidenced by superior product innovation and its efforts to convey the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified products through community and employee outreach. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Increasing the overall sales of ENERGY STAR models by 17.8 percent as compared to 2013 sales, and achieving a celebrated milestone of American consumers purchasing more than one million LG products recognized as ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2014.
- Maintaining a consistently high majority of total product models available that are ENERGY STAR certified, among a variety of products such as televisions and washing machines.
- Introducing the innovative Eco Hybrid Heat Pump Dryer that uses up to 50 percent less energy than a conventional dryer.
- Providing a strong showing of ENERGY STAR certified products at trade shows, including the International CES® 2014 with the first ENERGY STAR certified OLED TV and LG’s best-selling ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2014 clothes washer.
- Partnering with ENERGY STAR on three ENERGY STAR Change the World Tour community service events, including as a sponsor for the ENERGY STAR Day event in Phoenix, AZ, where LG provided a brand new ENERGY STAR certified HDTV for veterans to enjoy in their recreation room, as well as new commercial-grade ENERGY STAR coin-operated washers and companion dryers.