LG Electronics, Inc.
Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Product Brand Owner
LG Electronics, Inc. is a provider of consumer electronics, home appliances, as well as B2B and energy solutions. In 2021, LG continued its extensive commitment to ENERGY STAR® by achieving record sales of ENERGY STAR and ENERGY STAR Most Efficient models and prominently showcasing ENERGY STAR in promotions and marketing. Key 2021 accomplishments include:
- Increasing sales of ENERGY STAR certified products by 45% over the previous year and surpassing 1.5 million ENERGY STAR Most Efficient products sold, equating to 10 ENERGY STAR certified products sold every minute.
- Expanding the percentage of models earning the ENERGY STAR label for dishwashers, refrigerators, laptop computers, and laundry products by double digits.
- Celebrating the 2 millionth ENERGY STAR certified washer rolling off the line at its Tennessee manufacturing plant, only two years after it opened.
- Generating over 3 billion consumer impressions through its promotions of ENERGY STAR certified products, including participation in ENERGY STAR Earth Day, ENERGY STAR Day, and Twelve Days of ENERGY STAR campaigns.
- Partnering with Lowe’s to provide ENERGY STAR certified kitchen and laundry appliances, as well as an induction cooktop, for the energy efficiency home upgrade featured on ABC’s Good Morning America during Climate Week.