LG Electronics, Inc.
Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Product Brand Owner
LG Electronics is an industry leader in consumer electronics, home appliances, and mobile communications. LG is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for its commitment to improving the environment through energy efficiency, as evidenced by outstanding collaboration with ENERGY STAR on product innovation, and its far-reaching efforts to convey the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified products to consumers. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Driving consumer purchases of more than 6 million ENERGY STAR certified products in 2017, representing more than $3 billion in sales.
- Generating millions of consumer impressions through the popular parenting websites Motherly.com and Fatherly.com for the ENERGY STAR Laundry Made Better promotion.
- Growing its number of ENERGY STAR certified models since 2016, including a 73 percent increase in heating and cooling products, a 24 percent increase in clothes dryers, and a 23 percent increase in refrigerators.
- Demonstrating product leadership across multiple categories including a strong showing of clothes washers recognized as ENERGY STAR Most Efficient. LG also expanded its participation by certifying room air cleaners for the first time.
- Executing more than 50,000 point-of-purchase efforts and press releases worth $50 million value in support of numerous product promotions including ENERGY STAR Flip Your Fridge and Black Friday deals.
- Reaching retailers and consumers at 11 trade shows and hundreds of outreach events using onsite ENERGY STAR branding and promotions, including encouraging fans to take the ENERGY STAR pledge at the Final Four collegiate basketball events.