Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Product Brand Owner
LG Electronics, Inc. is a manufacturer of consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications. In 2019, LG expanded its commitment to ENERGY STAR by significantly increasing the number of ENERGY STAR models it offers, while participating widely in ENERGY STAR campaigns, exposing millions of consumers to the value of ENERGY STAR. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Obtaining ENERGY STAR certification on more than 80 percent of all LG product models across various categories, leading to the purchase of 3.7 million LG ENERGY STAR certified products.
- Increasing the number of ENERGY STAR models by 70 percent for mini-split air conditioners, 31 percent for refrigerators, 25 percent for clothes dryers and 12 percent for washing machines.
- Increasing unit sales of models recognized as ENERGY STAR Most Efficient by 27 percent.
- Featuring ENERGY STAR prominently through campaigns, including Flip Your Fridge, ENERGY STAR Day, and Black Friday/Holiday, through social media and its Times Square billboard in New York City, driving millions of consumer impressions.
- Partnering with Lowe's in celebrating ENERGY STAR Day to help local families in Charlotte, North Carolina, with energy efficiency upgrades featuring ENERGY STAR certified refrigerators, clothes washers and dryers.