Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Partner of the Year
LG Electronics is a global leader in consumer electronics, home appliances, and mobile communications. LG is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Climate Communications recognition for its commitment to educating employees, leadership, stakeholders, and customers about energy efficiency and the impacts of climate change. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Airing a special Earth Day public service announcement on the LG Times Square Billboard calling for young people to join LG & Team ENERGY STAR in the fight against climate change. The public service announcement reached approximately 18 million people.
- Highlighting the importance of energy efficiency and sustainability at LG’s popular National Collegiate Athletic Association Fan Fest showcase where visitors were encouraged to join LG in signing the Change the World, Start with ENERGY STAR pledge to protect the climate. This campaign reached an estimated 1.4 million people, and LG collected more than 1,400 pledges to protect the climate.
- Integrating ENERGY STAR climate change messaging in LG’s social media content throughout the year—including highlighting climate messaging and contributing to three tour stops on the ENERGY STAR Change the World Tour and the holiday consumer electronics campaign.
- Participating in six ENERGY STAR Twitter Parties, highlighting climate protection messages through energy efficiency.
- LG prominently featured its EcoHybrid Heat Pump Dryer alongside climate protection messaging as part of its popular “Rethink Everything” Exhibit as a first time participant in World Maker Faire New York. The exhibit took home the “Editor’s Choice Award” for Best in Show.
- Integrating messaging about fighting climate change in virtually all communications efforts—including press releases, matte releases, and media placements.