Lewisville Independent School District
Partner of the Year - Energy Management
Lewisville Independent School District (LISD) is a school district in Texas. LISD promoted energy efficiency to students, faculty, and staff during campus events and staff meetings, utilizing ENERGY STAR® tools and resources like Treasure Hunts to save energy and money. Key 2022 accomplishments include:
- Saving more than $1.9 million in utility costs in 2022 and over $29.4 million and 190,000 metric tons of CO2 over the past 14 years.
- Achieving recognition as an ENERGY STAR Certification Nation Member by earning the ENERGY STAR for 6 schools in 2022.
- Earning a district average ENERGY STAR score of 85 and reducing energy use by 23%.
- Featuring ENERGY STAR in district communications such as utility management reports, newsletters, and the district’s energy policy to further promote and drive energy efficiency throughout facilities.
- Performing 87 unoccupied energy audits and implementing four ENERGY STAR treasure hunts to focus on finding energy conservation measures from HVAC, lighting, plug loads, and building envelopes to drive energy savings.
- Implementing a micro-scheduling initiative to conserve energy for facility usage outside normal operating hours and training faculty, staff, students, and community groups on the importance of micro-scheduling for energy conservation.
- Capturing over $228,000 in rebates, incentives, and utility bill corrections.