Lewisville Independent School District
Partner of the Year - Energy Management
Lewisville Independent School District (LISD) is a school district in Texas. LISD promoted energy efficiency to students, faculty, and staff during campus events and staff meetings, utilizing ENERGY STAR® tools and resources like Treasure Hunts to save energy and money. Key 2021 accomplishments include:
- Saving more than $2.5 million in utility costs in 2021 and over $27 million over the past 13 years, as well as reducing carbon dioxide emissions by nearly 20,000 metric tons for a cumulative reduction of more than 187,000 metric tons over the past 13 years.
- Earning a district average ENERGY STAR score of 82 and achieving ENERGY STAR certification at seven schools.
- Featuring ENERGY STAR in district communications such as utility management reports, newsletters, and the district’s energy policy to further promote and drive energy efficiency throughout facilities.
- Performing 159 unoccupied energy audits and implementing 12 ENERGY STAR Treasure Hunts to focus on finding energy conservation measures from HVAC, lighting, plug loads, and building envelopes to drive energy savings.
- Implementing a micro-scheduling initiative to conserve energy for facility usage outside normal operating hours and training faculty, staff, students, and community groups on the importance of micro-scheduling for energy conservation.