Lewisville Independent School District
Partner of the Year - Energy Management
Lewisville Independent School District (LISD), is a school district in Texas. LISD promoted energy efficiency to students, faculty, and staff during campus events and staff meetings. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Benchmarking 100 percent of its facilities and raising the average ENERGY STAR score to 88, a seven-point increase over 2019.
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification at 62 schools since 2017.
- Saving more than $3 million in utility cost avoidance in 2020 and over $24 million over the past 12 years.
- Reducing carbon dioxide emissions by nearly 23,000 metric tons for a cumulative reduction of more than 167,000 metric tons over the past 12 years.
- Featuring ENERGY STAR in district communications such as utility management reports, newsletters, and the district’s energy policy to further promote and drive energy efficiency throughout facilities.
- Promoting its ENERGY STAR partnership and achieving thousands of impressions through campus signage, social media outreach, and certification plaques at recognized campuses.
- Conducting the district’s first ENERGY STAR Treasure Hunts and focusing on finding energy conservation measures from HVAC, lighting, plug loads, and building envelopes to help drive additional energy savings.