The Kroger Co.
Partner of the Year
The Kroger Co. is a food retailer with nearly 2,800 stores under two dozen banners with annual sales of more than $115.3 billion, receiving Partner of the Year recognition. Kroger has invested in a robust energy management program achieving significant improvements in energy efficiency from design through operation. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Achieving a 4.4 percent reduction in energy across its portfolio of 1,870 properties and increasing its average ENERGY STAR score from a 70.6 to a 72.
- Certifying 181 grocery stores as ENERGY STAR, with a total of 818 certified properties since 2011.
- Installing over five million T8 LED lamps and saving over 179.5 million kilowatt hours.
- Preserving design information of top performing stores in its ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® accounts for replication and future ENERGY STAR certification.
- Helping EPA develop energy efficiency standards for bakeries and dairy processing plants.