The Kroger Co.
Partner of the Year
The Kroger Co. is one of the nation’s largest traditional grocery retailers, employing more than 443,000 associates who serve 8.5 million customers daily across more than 2,700 supermarkets and department stores. The Kroger Co. is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year recognition for its prioritization of ENERGY STAR best practices in its energy management program and for its continued commitment to energy reduction. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Earning more ENERGY STAR building certifications than any other commercial entity by certifying 320 grocery stores in 2017, bringing the total number of stores certified to 793 since 2011.
- Achieving Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR certification for 10 grocery stores, and certifying 25 previously designed facilities .
- Achieving an average ENERGY STAR score of 70 across 1,933 facilities totaling nearly 128 million square feet.
- Saving 48.7 million kilowatt hours of electricity by installing more than 3.8 million LED lamps.
- Raising the awareness of the ENERGY STAR label to 8.5 million customers every day through ENERGY STAR store certification labels and ENERGY STAR labeled product sales.