Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Kohl’s, Inc. is a specialty department store retail chain. Kohl’s has integrated ENERGY STAR® tools and resources into its energy management program since 1998, achieving a 20% energy savings across its portfolio and an average ENERGY STAR score of 85. Key 2021 accomplishments include:
- Certifying 9 department stores as ENERGY STAR for a total of 1,083 stores certified since 2008.
- Retrofitting lighting fixtures with LEDs at 109 stores and five distribution centers, saving an estimated 4.1M kWh per year.
- Expanding energy management systems to 93 stores, with an expected annual savings of 2.7M kWh.
- Incorporating renewable energy into future store designs.
- Highlighting the ENERGY STAR partnership to employees and customers through its website, social media, press releases, packing slips, and screensavers.