Koch Industries, Inc.
Partner of the Year
Koch Industries, a large privately held company, operates a group of businesses in such sectors as refining, chemicals, and biofuels; forest and consumer products; polymers and fibers; minerals; and glass. The company built a robust energy management program utilizing ENERGY STAR® energy management tools. Koch Industries is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for advancing energy management in more than six energy intensive industries, actively participating in ENERGY STAR’s industrial network and building a vast energy network within its own operations. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Improving energy intensity in its chemicals and paper businesses by up to two percent, contributing to savings of more than $270 million across all Koch businesses since 2011.
- Building an extensive energy manager network to share best practices, provide training, inform about new energy technologies, and enhance energy performance of Koch businesses.
- Taking the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry by adopting the goal to reduce energy intensity by 10 percent in seven Georgia-Pacific plants.
- Encouraging industry to participate in and support EPA by working through ENERGY STAR to improve energy efficiency and reduce energy costs in the oil refining, fertilizer, pulp and paper, glass, and chemicals sectors.
- Sharing Koch Industries’ energy management approaches within the ENERGY STAR industrial energy manager network to advance the level of energy management skill and knowledge among U.S. manufacturers.