Kilroy Realty Corporation
Los Angeles, California
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Kilroy Realty Corporation (KRC) has owned, developed, acquired and managed real estate in major west coast markets for 70 years, owning 13.9 million square feet of office space and 200 housing units. KRC is receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition and has consistently reduced energy consumption across its portfolio, providing leadership and stakeholder engagement in sustainability across the commercial real estate market. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 77 percent of its portfolio including multifamily and tenant-operated buildings, the highest percentage in its history.
- Reducing weather normalized source energy consumption by more than four percent from 2017 levels.
- Launching the Brokers for Better Buildings Twitter campaign to celebrate brokers who helped sign green leases in its ENERGY STAR certified buildings.
- Participating in the ENERGY STAR Tenant Space pilot program, receiving ENERGY STAR Charter Tenant recognition for one of its offices.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR in an innovative TEDx talk that will reach a wide audience outside of the real estate industry.
- Promoting and participating in the BOMA W2 challenge across 84 buildings, which encourages building owners to track both water and waste through ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager.