Kilroy Realty Corporation
Los Angeles, California
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Kilroy Realty Corporation (KRC) is a real estate investment trust that owns 13.6 million rentable square feet of commercial office space across 101 buildings on the west coast. KRC is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued commitment to achieving energy efficiency across its portfolio and successfully communicating the ENERGY STAR brand with tenants and brokers. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Reducing year-over-year energy use by 4 percent, or more than 8 million kilowatt hours (kWh). Since the 2010 launch of its energy efficiency programs, Kilroy has cumulatively saved over 21.5 million kWh and $3.88 million.
- Presenting its “Engineer All-Stars” Twitter campaign to celebrate energy reduction accomplishments and ENERGY STAR certifications.
- Graduating janitors through the “Green Janitor Education” program in 40 percent of KRC’s portfolio, empowering janitors to reduce energy use.
- Expanding KRC’s tenant engagement programs by certifying and recertifying buildings for triple-net leased tenants, encouraging them to share energy data and coordinating KRC’s first ENERGY STAR certifications for triple-net leased buildings.
- Proactively engaging brokers, including earning Green Lease Leaders Team Transaction certification, and participating in numerous broker speaking events.
- Achieving or pursuing Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR recognition for all eligible development projects.