Kilroy Realty Corporation
Los Angeles, California
Partner of the Year
Kilroy Realty Corporation (KRC) is a real estate investment trust that has owned, developed, acquired, and managed real estate assets in major west coast office markets for more than 65 years. KRC is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year recognition for its commitment to achieving energy efficiency across its portfolio and successfully communicating the ENERGY STAR brand with tenants and brokers. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Reducing its year-over-year energy usage by more than one million kilowatt hours (kWh). Since 2010, KRC has cumulatively saved more than 12 million kWh and more than $1.75 million.
- Launching the “How We Stay Certified” Twitter campaign to share ENERGY STAR best practices with others.
- Expanding ENERGY STAR communications, especially to brokers and tenants, by launching the KRC Tenant Sustainability Awards, holding ENERGY STAR Tenant Appreciation Events, and participating in numerous other speaking engagements.
- Earning the recognition of most sustainable real estate company in North America by the Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark.
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 56 percent of it managed properties.