Kenton County School District
Ft. Wright, Kentucky
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Kenton County School District (KCSD) is a school district in Kentucky. KCSD has been engaging staff, students, and the community in energy management and energy education since 2005. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Raising the average ENERGY STAR score to 86, a two-point increase over 2019 and reducing weather normalized site energy use intensity by 13.5 percent.
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification at two schools in 2020.
- Saving nearly $1.9 million in energy costs in 2020, equivalent to 47 teaching positions, and over $17 million since 2005.
- Realizing a 50 percent reduction in energy use, lowering energy costs by 54 percent, and cutting carbon emissions by 56 percent since 2005.
- Increasing maintenance and equipment upgrades, focusing on HVAC systems, and improving indoor air quality.