Kenton County School District
Ft. Wright, Kentucky
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Kenton County School District (KCSD) is a school district in Kentucky. KCSD has been engaging staff, students and the community in energy management and energy education since 2005. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Avoiding more than $1.6 million in energy costs in 2019 through energy management, totaling cumulative savings of more than $15 million since 2005.
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 12 schools in 2019.
- Reducing energy use by 44 percent, costs by 47 percent, and emissions by 40 percent since 2005.
- Engaging students and teachers through an ENERGY STAR Treasure Hunt focusing on HVAC, lighting, plug loads and building envelopes.
- Encouraging community energy savings by publicly posting ENERGY STAR scores on the district website and in schools, distributing weekly interval data reports to building managers, and providing a monthly energy report to the Board of Education.