Los Angeles, California
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
KB Home is a home builder operating in 38 markets across the United States and has been committed to building ENERGY STAR certified homes since 2000. KB Home is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for continuing to provide leadership toward market transformation in the new construction industry through its commitment to ENERGY STAR. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Building more than 8,000 ENERGY STAR certified homes in 2016, for a cumulative total of more than 100,000 certified homes since partnering with ENERGY STAR in 2000. In 2016, KB Home achieved a major milestone by surpassing 100,000 ENERGY STAR certified homes.
- Garnering positive media coverage centered on sustainability with more than 1,000 media hits, earned impressions/circulation of 1.38 billion, and an estimated advertising equivalency value of $49.4 million.
- Saving homeowners more than $30 million on utility bills each year, while preventing greenhouse emissions equivalent to those from more than 36,000 passenger vehicles.
- Developing the Greenbuild KB Home ProjeKt, a concept home installation demonstrating materials and innovations of the future. More than 1,200 people toured the home at the Green Build International Conference and Expo in Los Angeles.
- Requiring that all new KB homes include a smart thermostat that comes with energy reporting capabilities and is integrated with the home’s heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system, as well as requiring light-emitting diode (LED) lighting.