Los Angeles, California
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
KB Home, a large national homebuilder, constructed more than 8,800 ENERGY STAR certified homes in 2020 and promoted ENERGY STAR as the cornerstone of its sustainability commitment, highlighting ENERGY STAR throughout its constituent networks as the preferred platform for the homebuilding industry to create energy-efficient new housing stock. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Featuring ENERGY STAR messaging in its marketing materials and updated website, corporate sustainability report, and printed materials displayed at all studio design centers and model homes.
- Providing training and education for new employees and real estate professionals on sustainability features and standards, including ENERGY STAR certification.
- Educating consumers about the benefits of ENERGY STAR certification that go beyond energy efficiency, including health benefits, comfort, airtightness, and fresh air exchange.
- Aligning corporate efforts toward the de-carbonization of homes with a continuum of energy-efficiency solutions for the home, including building an increasing number of all-electric ENERGY STAR certified homes.
- Highlighting all-electric options built on the ENERGY STAR certified homes platform as part of a panel on future technologies in the homebuilding industry at the annual (NAHB) International Builders’ Show.