Los Angeles, California
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
KB Home is a large nationwide home builder operating across 36 markets in seven states. The company has been committed to building and promoting ENERGY STAR® certified homes since 2000 and consistently demonstrates industry leadership. KB Home is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for its early adoption of new program guidelines, corporate commitment to sustainability, and long-standing support of the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Delivering more than 10,500 ENERGY STAR certified homes, for a total of more than 110,000 since joining the program.
- Launching a “Beat the Heat” marketing campaign during the summer, combining consumer education on reducing energy consumption with information on the homeowner benefits of ENERGY STAR and other energy-efficient features of a new KB home.
- Featuring a proprietary EPG® (Energy Performance Guide®) for every home plan offered companywide. The EPG is a consumer education tool that projects potential energy savings and utility bills for every home design.
- Offering homes that are both ENERGY STAR certified and WaterSense® labeled as a standard feature at no additional cost, raising awareness of the energy-water nexus with homebuyers and within the industry.
- Collaborating with stakeholder partners on the development and implementation of new guidelines promoting the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program in the marketplace.