Los Angeles, California
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
Home builder KB Home maintains operations in 30 markets across the United States. KB Home is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for continuing to lead the new construction industry toward market transformation through its commitment to ENERGY STAR. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Building more than 5,400 ENERGY STAR certified homes in 2015, for a cumulative total of more than 95,000 certified homes since partnering with ENERGY STAR in 2000.
- Training all employees through the online KB University and requiring a course on sustainability initiatives, including KB’s ENERGY STAR partnership and the features and benefits of the ENERGY STAR label.
- Presenting a new documentary-style video series dubbed KB Home Portraits™, which featured real-life KB homeowners describing their annual utility bill savings. General media coverage was 736 media hits, with earned impressions/circulation of more than 476,000,000 and an estimated advertising revenue of more than $32,000,000.
- Launching the KB Home’s eDIFFERENCE page, which highlights four key focus areas, including the energy-efficient features included in all ENERGY STAR certified KB homes. This section garnered 67,000 views in 2015 and highlights ENERGY STAR prominently.
- Requiring that all new homes include a “smart” thermostat that comes with energy reporting capabilities and is integrated with the home’s heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system, as well as requiring light-emitting diode (LED) lighting.