Los Angeles, California
KB Home is a leader among homebuilders in its commitment to communicating the need to address climate change. KB Home is receiving ENERGY STAR® Climate Communicator recognition for its efforts to educate its customers, employees, and other stakeholders about energy efficiency’s role in fighting climate change. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Devoting a significant portion of its overall media coverage to sustainability messaging, including 736 media hits with earned impressions of nearly 477 million and an estimated advertising equivalency value of nearly $33 million.
- Discussing the importance of environmental corporate social responsibility at a number of industry-related conferences and high-profile media events, including the Housing Leadership Summit, Greenbuild International Conference and Expo, and the UBS Building and Building Products Annual CEO Conference.
- Advocating for economic policies that will help stabilize our climate through its participation in business coalitions including Business for Innovative Climate and Energy Policy (BICEP), an arm of the organization CERES, the leading non-profit promoter of energy efficiency, conservation and renewable generation in America.
- Hosting a number of educational tours of its net-zero energy homes for groups spanning from elementary school students to college students that are enrolled in solar vocational programs.
- Featuring a dedicated section of its corporate website to sustainability messaging and information, garnering more than 67,000 unique views in 2015.
- Constructing over 95,000 ENERGY STAR certified homes over the past decade, which play a significant role in a low-carbon economy and help occupants reduce their carbon footprint.