Los Angeles, California
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
New Home Construction
With operations in 30 markets across the United States, KB Home is one of the nation’s top ten production home builders. KB Home is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for continuing to lead the new construction industry toward market transformation through its commitment to ENERGY STAR. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Building more than 6,400 ENERGY STAR certified homes in 2014, for a cumulative total of more than 85,000 certified homes since partnering with ENERGY STAR in 2000.
- Developing new sales materials to educate potential homebuyers about the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified homes. The materials have been implemented across KB Home’s sales force, and the finalized kit will be made available to other builders to use.
- Launching the “These KB Homes are ENERGY STARs” campaign in November. Each day for 30 days, KB Home posted a photo across its social media channels to highlight a specific advantage of an ENERGY STAR certified home. The response to the campaign was very positive and provided a high-profile platform to promote both ENERGY STAR and KB Home.
- Earning more than seven million impressions and 822 media hits for media outreach that referenced ENERGY STAR certified homes, with an estimated advertising equivalency value of more than $27 million.
- Reducing the installation time for attic insulation, focusing on HVAC systems, and providing ongoing research into air sealing solutions in a cost-effective manner.